Last Updated on
Blogging is the new in-thing. Primarily every social media platform has its own set of celebrity bloggers, lifestyle bloggers, makeup bloggers, and the list goes on. I am sure you are not alone if you have ever wondered what it takes to be a blogger.
Can I be one of them? I have the makeup skills or the artistic side or creative kick; can I become a blogger? Well, the answer is pretty simple, yes you can! And how can you make it big and successful in the world of online blogging is a completely different chapter and a new discussion.
But one thing is for sure if you ever decide to be a professional or part-time blogger and you genuinely think you have what it takes to inspire people and influence them in any way, you need to be presentable, effective, intimidating and for sure captivating.
It’s not rocket science to guess that anything we see or come across is first and foremost perceived by our eyes. How beautiful, promising and genuine it looks, the more value and regard we are supposed to associate with it. The same is the case with blogging.
You will be able to succeed as a blogger if you put yourself out there in the best possible way. You are visible, you’re accessible, you are clear and you are relatable and to achieve all of these performance characteristics, you need to have a web space associated with your work and writings.
A page specified for you, where your followers can come, read, connect and relate. Your own personal blog (WordPress being the most frequent and convenient choice), that can help you unleash your true self and creative side, connect with the followers and most importantly; HELP YOU EARN SOME MONEYYY!
You want to know how? Let’s get started then. The first step is to create your own blog, one that is appealing and convincing. So obviously it is a wise choice to invest in a competent and reliable web hosting company. As difficult or intimating as it may sound, it’s actually pretty easy. Let me walk you through it.
Step No.1: Set up domain
If you intend to make your WordPress blog (here’s how you can do it), Bluehost is the most convenient, competent and capable hosting option to cater all of your hosting needs and requirements. Yes, it is also possible for you to cut down on the cost and only run the social media pages but stop!
Not having a designated WordPress blog will cut down your success chances by more than 50%. Before I proceed any further about how you can create a WordPress blog using Bluehost, let’s first discuss what actually Bluehost is and why is it the best possible option for you?
Bluehost is one of the oldest, renowned and reliable web hosting companies available online and you can also start your blog with them.
A web hosting company is basically a service provider that helps you with the required technologies and services that are needed for your webpage to be viewed online. If you desire your web page to be available over the internet for people to visit and view, you need to own a domain.
If you don’t already have one, Bluehost is the hosting company that can help you purchase one. If you also don’t own a domain yet, click here to get started using my link and get a free domain for your blog. Using my link you can start up your blog that too free of cost because I am offering a free domain for your own personal web page.
Now that we know what Bluehost is and what functionalities it provides, let us move on to how can we get started using Bluehost as the web hosting company and taking a step forward toward the creation of your blog and making you earn.
- Get your domain name registered. You can either decide to sign up with my link and get your free domain and create a blog, using Bluehost as the hosting provider or alternatively decide to do all the hassle and hard work of purchasing a domain and buying hosting services yourself. It is advised that you come up with an easy, catchy and memorable domain name for your blog that will stick in people’s minds and encourage them to find out what exactly is your space about.
However, if you decide to use my link and get your domain directly through Bluehost, the entire process will be easy pesky for you. You will get a free domain, incredible hosting services and cheaper monthly packages.
Depending upon your blog specifications, required bandwidth and budget, you can sign up for free domain and buy hosting services. Once you have successfully acquired a domain (free or paid), the next step is to buy hosting service.
Step No.2: Buy Hosting Services
To acquire hosting services from Bluehost and setting up your WordPress blog is fairly easy. The package you choose and the amount of money you are ready to invest in your blogging needs and demands is totally up to you and your blogging requirements. The options available are:
- The Basic Plan: Depending upon your blogging needs and requirements and the size of bandwidth or reach you want to cater, you need to choose the plan. If however, you are a newbie in the world of blogging with smaller hosting needs and somewhat skeptical about it; if or not you will be pursuing it for a long period of time, then the basic plan will suit you the best. This plan is the cheapest among all the hosting options available. You can get a 36-month plan just for 2.75 dollars through my link. The prices may increase a bit depending on the duration for which you are buying the hosting services but still reasonable and cost-effective for the remarkable services you will be getting in return.
- The Plus and Prime Plan: These two hosting packages are ideal for blogs that have been there in the market for a longer period of time, have greater reach and hosting requirements and are somewhat commercial (having increased hosting demands), so we will skip this part for now and focus on the basic plan and what other attributes you should be acquiring besides the basic plan.
- Purchase Security. As a start blog, besides getting a domain and buying hosting services you only need to additionally purchase the domain privacy protection plan. To have your safe and work safe, secure and locked.
If however, you are contemplating about not buying a hosting package and doing your hosting purchase on a monthly basis, then please stop. This is a wrong idea on so many levels.
You will have to pay for the domain name, pay a higher price for hosting services and can potentially suffer a loss of business at the end of each month (when your package expires or you forget to buy hosting service for the next month and your blog crashes), not an ideal situation!
After you are clear on your domain name, you get it registered and you decide on the hosting package you want to purchase, the next step is to get started on creating your WordPress blog. Follow the following steps:
- Sign in to Bluehost and select the “Get Started” option.
- Choose the web hosting package you want for your blog.
- Either enter your registered domain name or get a new domain name (if you have changed your mind).
- Make sure you enter all of your personal and payment information correctly (be very sure).
- Enter a password of your choice (make it hard to crack) and that’s it. You have WordPress blog with Bluehost as your hosting service provider.
Step No.3: Connect the already bought domain with hosting.
This step is not for you, if you have acquired your domain through Bluehost but in case you haven’t, you will need to connect your domain (Go Daddy domain) with Bluehost account. Don’t worry; it’s not a difficult process. You just need to follow the below mentioned steps and develop a link or connection between your Go Daddy domain and Bluehost hosting account.
- Log into your domain account (Go Daddy account). Open account manager.
- From the drop down menu of “Domain Names” or “Manage your account list” select “Manage Domains”.
- Choose the domain name of your liking and choice and perform all the required modifications. When done, click “Set Name Servers”.
- Under the blue “Name Servers” heading, enter your renewed name server information and hit “Save Changes”. Now, your entries should look like this:
5. After you have performed all of the above mentioned steps successfully, you need to add the domain name as an additional domain with your Bluehost hosting. Doing this is also fairly easy. Just log onto your Bluehost account, select “Domains” and then “assign”. Later, do as directed and you are sorted.
Step No.4: how to navigate on WordPress?
Now you have a registered domain name and associated hosting service. Even if you have an external domain, by this time you have successfully associated it with Bluehost hosting and you can now start working on your blog.
You can pick a theme of your choice (free or paid) depending upon your preference and choice and start building. At this stage, it is up to you to work hard on the graphics, front end representation and quality content.
Still confused about how to navigate on WordPress and start working, here is how to do it:
- Once you are logged in to your account, you will see the option of “Posts” on the left-hand side. Click it and create new post.
- If you desire to add an image or graphics in your post, select “Media”, again from the left-hand side.
- There are a number of widgets or add on available to beautify your posts. Select what you like.
- There are a number of software and applications available that can help you if you want to send emails though your blog, improve the design of your blog or invest in a pre-designed blog.
You have a WordPress blog and you can blog to your heart’s content without any limitation or hindrance. Bluehost is your optimal and most suitable web hosting partner that you can trust and work with. My link makes it easy for you to register your domain name and buy cheaper hosting packages.
So what are you waiting for; sign up, register, blog away, satisfy your creative niche and earn yourself some easy money. Good luck!